Saturday, December 20, 2008

Still Working!


Well, I am still using my bike as a daily rider. The 2007 HD Super Glide (Dyna) is still stock right down to the exhaust system and sporting a pair of tiny take off bags to haul stuff in. It's also remarkably quick for a 650+ lb. motorcycle. Researching the fuel injection system on the bike is tedious, but I am gaining some knowledge (which we all know is power, according to the old adage "knowledge is power" and in my particular case "horsepower"!) and with the assistance of my brother Dave, we're making some headway. We're still looking for solutions to set a record with essentially a "stock" 96 C.I.D. Harley Davidson engine and back it up with a full on effort at breaking 200 mph following some very extensive modifications to the bike.

I have already modified the suspension, with some assistance from Patriot Suspension in Rancho Cucamonga. Added their new "Genisis " fork springs to eliminate the mushy stock springs and a prototype pair of rear shocks. The bike now handles far better than with the stock suspension and I owe a _huge_ dose of gratitude to Patriot Suspensions for their help. Fine people making fine products. All American Made to boot! Check them out at http://www.patriotsuspension.com and you'll see they have a set of springs for your HD that'll make you feel as if you just bought a new bike. Also check out the January issue of IronWorks magazine featuring Patriot Suspension and my bike as the test subject compared to a "stock" SuperGlide.
Stick around, I am slow to update this, and due to the Holidays have been putting in a lot of long hours at work not having a lot of extra time for my more serious pursuits.
Happy Holidays to you all!

No comments: